Article – Expert business panel helps drive the future of Northern Australia6 May 2015
24 April 2015
NT Chief Minister Adam Giles has brought together some of the country’s leading business and economic minds to help guide the Government’s plans for the development of Northern Australia.
“The Chief Minister’s Advisory Council met for the first time in Melbourne and it was fantastic to hear advice from these respected business people about the array of opportunities on offer in the Northern Territory,” Mr Giles said.
“I want this eminent group of people to act as a ‘sounding board’ on Government policy, offering advice and connections based on their diverse backgrounds and interests.
“I’m committed to setting policy and strategy which encourages sustained economic growth right across the Territory and it’s great to have these experts on the Territory’s side.”
This Council includes an impressive list of industry specialists from the both the Territory and interstate:
- Michael Bridge (AirNorth)
- Alan Jape (Jape Group)
- David Thodey (Telstra)
- Jennifer Westacott (Business Council of Australia)
- Peter Fox (Linfox)
- Nick Paspaley (Paspaley Group of Companies)
- Andrea Sutton (Energy Resources of Australia)
- Ian Smith (Bespoke Approach)
- John Anderson (Santos)
- Bill Farmer (Former Ambassador to Indonesia)
- Martin Ferguson AM (Seven Group Holdings)
- Mark Bouris (Yellow Brick Road)
- Sir Rod Eddington (JP Morgan)
- David Peever (Cricket Australia)
- Viv Oldfield (Alice Springs businessman)
- Bill Moss AO (FSHD Global Research Foundation).
“The inaugural meeting of the Council comes at a critical stage of our Northern Australia development plans with the Federal White Paper due out in the next few months,” Mr Giles said.
“This Council will ensure we are getting top notch advice on how to make the most of the opportunities this Northern push presents.”
Members have been appointed for 12 months and the Council will meet face to face twice a year.
Courtesy of Get Regional